Red, white and blue mac and cheese?!!? Yes. Yes it is!
Whether you are celebrating Memorial Day, July 4th or a Wednesday, it can be fun to have red, white and blue food to celebrate! We found a way to turn a favorite dish — macaroni and cheese — patriotic!
Just follow these simple steps and you’ll have this fun red, white and blue mac and cheese dish to serve at your picnic! Then, finish off your meal by serving this super easy Patriotic Ice Cream cake (no baking required).
Red, White and Blue Mac and CheesePrint
Red White & Blue Mac and Cheese
- Cuisine: Side Dish
- White Cheddar Boxed Mac & Cheese
- Blue food coloring
- Red food coloring
- Boil and drain noodles as usual.
- Split noodles into 3 bowls – one third in each.
- Add 3 – 5 drops of red food coloring to one and mix until blended.
- Add 3 – 5 drops of blue food coloring to another bowl and and mix until blended.
- Put all noodles back into the pan and add cheese sauce, mixing well.
- Serve and enjoy!