This red, white and blue trifle dessert is the PERFECT dessert for any picnic!
Looking for something FUN to serve up to the kids this year on July 4th? This trifle will fit the bill perfectly.
It combines kid favorite treats — pudding, whipped cream and sour patch kids candy!! The candy is optional (in case your kids don’t like those).
It starts with basic ingredients — vanilla pudding. A little food coloring tints it to make the different colors you want. Layer it into your dish so that it is red, white, blue, white. Top with more cool whip and then add sprinkles or for more fun – sour patch kids!
Make sure you also check out 30 Amazing Patriotic Recipes!Print
Red, White and Blue Sour Patch Kids Trifle
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- 1 box of Hershey’s White Chocolate vanilla pudding
- 2 tsp. blue kool-aid
- 2 tsp. red kool-aid
- Red food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Whipped Cream (or Cool Whip)
- Sour Patch Candies (or other sprinkles)
- Make pudding according to package instructions.
- Split into two bowls.
- Add the red food coloring to one bowl and blue to the other. Stir until reach the color you want.
- Add in the red kool-aid into the red bowl and blue into the other and mix well.
- Put one small layer of the red pudding into a dish.
- Add a layer of whipped cream.
- Add a layer of blue pudding.
- Top with cool whip.
- Add candy or sprinkles and serve