My kids love Rice Krispie treats. They especially love it when I make these fun pumpkin Rice Krispie treats each fall. They look like mini pumpkins with all the flavor of a traditional Krispie treat. Best of all, they are easy to make!
My kids and I love having fun making treats for various holidays. One of their favorite things to make (even when it is just an ordinary Tuesday) is Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats. I thought I’d turn their favorite after-school snack into something fun for them!
Below I share with you how to make Halloween Rice Krispie treats. They are fun and easy to make — less than 15 minutes! That makes these treats score a win in my book!
Other fun Halloween treats:
You can find more Halloween Rice Krispies Treats Recipes over on Pinterest!Print
Halloween Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
These adorable little Rice Krispie Treat pumpkins are easy to make and the perfect dessert for any Halloween party.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Red & Yellow Food Coloring Drops OR Orange Food Coloring Gel
- 5 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- Mini Tootsie Rolls
- Fruit Rollups (find the variety with green stripes)
- **This recipe works best on the stove, so I would not use the microwave**
Melt butter in a large pan.
- Add in vanilla extract and marshmallows.
- Mix until melted and well blended. Add in food coloring (use your own judgement until you achieve the correct level of orange you want).
- Add in the cereal and mix well, making sure to coat all with the mixture so that it is all orange.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly (but not too much or it will harden and set up).
- Spray your hands with cooking spray (to avoid the sticky mess).
- Form mixture into balls.
- Open the tootsie roll and warm slightly in your hand so you can bend it, to make it look more like a stem. Stick onto the top of your pumpkin (you may want to make a slight indentation in the top of the pumpkin o make the tootsie roll stick in properly).
- Cut small green strips from the fruit roll-up and place on the top of the pumpkin (this is optional and is not needed).
- Allow to set up on a pan and then put into an air tight container.
- Serve to your own little pumpkins and watch their faces light up!!