Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
These adorable little Rice Krispie Treat pumpkins are easy to make and the perfect dessert for any Halloween party.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Red & Yellow Food Coloring Drops OR Orange Food Coloring Gel
- 5 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- Mini Tootsie Rolls
- Fruit Rollups (find the variety with green stripes)
- Melt butter in a large pan.
- Add in vanilla extract and marshmallows.
- Mix until melted and well blended. Add in food coloring (use your own judgment until you achieve the correct level of orange you want).
- Add in the cereal and mix well, making sure to coat all with the mixture so that it is all orange.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly (but not too much or it will harden and set up).
- Spray your hands with cooking spray (to avoid the sticky mess).
- Form mixture into balls.
- Open the tootsie roll and warm slightly in your hand so you can bend it, to make it look more like a stem. Stick onto the top of your pumpkin (you may want to make a slight indentation in the top of the pumpkin to make the tootsie roll stick in properly).
- Cut small green strips from the fruit roll-up and place on the top of the pumpkin (this is optional and is not needed).
- Allow to set up and then put into an airtight container.
- Serve to your own little pumpkins and watch their faces light up!!
The recipe works best when cooked on the stove rather than using the microwave.
Keywords: Halloween rice krispie treats, rice krispie pumpkins, pumpkin rice krispie, rice krispie treat ideas