Saucy white chili is a unique spin on classic chili.
When it turns colder, all you want to eat are foods that warm you up. But chicken noodle soup or standard red bean chili get so boring. I love to mix it up from time to time with something different.
This saucy white chili fits that bill perfectly. It is one of my husband’s favorite dishes! There is always plenty left over, so he can take it to work for lunch for several days – which saves us a few bucks.
It takes just a few ingredients and a little more than an hour and you’ll be enjoying what will soon be, one of your family’s favorite recipes.
More soup and chili recipes:Print
Saucy White Chili
- Cook Time: 70 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Category: Entree
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (diced)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 5 cans of Great North Beans (16 oz), undrained
- 1 can Black Beans with cumin (optional)
- 1 can peeled, diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 can chopped chilis (4 oz)
- 2 cans of chicken broth (14.5 oz)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. red cayenne pepper
- In a large pot, heat the oil and then cook the chicken, until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and saute for 5 – 6 minutes, until browned.
- Add in the onion and garlic until until is tender.
- Add in all remaining items and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 50-60 minutes, until it all thickens slightly.
- Serve with toritila crisps, sour cream or other toppings of your choice!