One way that you can save money at the grocery store is by using coupons. But, what if there were a way you could get paid cash back for buying the things you need? And, best of all, you don’t need to do anything more than swipe your store loyalty card or submit a receipt.
Wait, what? Yep! It’s true! When you use SavingStar that is just what happens. When you make purchases of select items, you will get paid cash back!
WHAT IS SAVINGSTAR?
SavingStar is a service that helps you earn cash back for buying the things you need at the grocery store. But, rather than clipping coupons, you just have to use your store shopping or loyalty card and you get paid. And, even if you don’t have a loyalty card you can submit your receipt and STILL get paid!
Instead of saving instantly at the register, you get paid cash back in the form of a rebate. No clipping coupons required!
HOW TO SIGN UP WITH SAVINGSTAR
You can cash in on these savings at more than 24,000 stores nationwide! It is free to use and will take only a few minutes to get set up.
1. Head to SavingStar and click the JOIN NOW button.
2. Fill out the prompts to create your account.
3. Click on the MORE button at the top of the page and then scroll down to Your Info.
4. From the menu, select Stores and then click on the yellow Add More Stores button.
5. When this screen opens the first thing to do is to enter your zip code in the box and refresh. This will show all of the stores in your area where you can shop. Click on the stores you want to add to your account (don’t worry if there is not a store loyalty card – you can still get the rebate).
6. Next, if there is a loyalty card for the store listed, you will be promted to enter your card number. Type it in exactly as you see on the back of your card to ensure you make the proper connect. Make certain you save your changes.
You’ve just set up your account!
HOW TO USE SAVINGSTAR
When you use traditional coupons, you find them in your newspaper or print them online and then take them to the store. Since SavingStar is not a coupon, but rather a rebate, there is nothing to clip before you shop.
However, you still must “claim” the offers you are most interested in redeeming. It will take you a few minutes before you shop…but remember to do it before you shop. You can’t claim an offer after you pick up your items.
1. Log into your SavingStar account.
2. The first screen you will see is a list of all the current rebates. Scroll through to find those you want to claim. Click the small “+” button on the image to add it to your account. Remember – you need to add them before you shop or you will miss out!
3. Go to the store and purchase the item like normal. If the store has a loyalty card, make sure it is scanned so that it activates the offer!
4. If you shop where there is not a loyalty card (such as Walmart, for example), you will need to submit your receipt. You can do that right on the app or site. You will click on the Receipt-Scan Store option. Enter the UPC codes for each product purchased and then take a picture of the receipt and hit submit. It takes a bit longer with this option, but at least you can still get the rebate!
5. Once submitted you will see the cash back in your account within 48 hours!
HOW DO YOU GET PAID BY SAVINGSTAR?
Once you have redeemed a few offers, it is time to cash out! When your balance has at least $20, you can cash out — and get cash sent to you!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT USING SAVINGSTAR
Before you jump ahead of yourself, you will want to make sure you understand the terms and get answers to some of the most common questions. You don’t want to have any surprises!
What does SavingStar cost to join?
Nothing! SavingStar is 100% free for you to use!
Can I use manufacturer’s coupons with the rebate?
In most cases, manufacturer’s coupons are limited to one use per customer. While SavingStar is not a traditional coupon, it is treated as such by the manufacturer. If you use a coupon, you may find that your purchase is not eligible for a rebate.
If your store offers it’s own in-store coupons, then there may be a better chance you can stack their coupon with the SavingStar rebate.
If I use online shopping, can I redeem SavingStar?
It is typically limited only to in-store purchases. But, if you have a receipt from your brick and mortar store from home delivery, you can still submit. The ones you cannot are online orders place from home sent to you through delivery.
SavingStar is a simple way to save a the store without having to clip a thing! It just makes SMART SENSE to use!!