Bread is the perfect companion to most meals. But, not just any bread. Something like cheesy onion bread is much, MUCH better than plain ordinary bread and butter.
When planning your meals, you start with your main protein and then add sides such as starches and veggies. While that makes for a great plate, adding bread can be the perfect way to pull the entire meal together. But, no one likes boring bread and butter, do they?
This cheesy onion bread pairs perfectly with just about any meal. Whether you are making an Italian casserole such as Pepperoni Ziti or grilling steaks outside, this bread is the perfect compliment.
We’ve tried a lot of different types of bread over the years. They are all pretty good, but when my family sees me start making this one, they can’t wait until it is ready. It truly is THAT good!
Check out these recipes:
Savory Cheesy Onion Bread
This cheesy onion bread is the perfect companion to any meal you create.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Whole bread loaf (uncut, sourdough)
- 1 bunch green onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 lb mozzarella or monterey jack cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Slice loaf into a grate-like pattern with 5-6 slices going across and 5-6 slices going in the opposite position. **It is very important to not slice all the way through the loaf.
- Place slices of cheese in between each “gap” in the bread.
- In a bowl mix melted butter, minced garlic, chopped green onion, salt, and pepper.
- Gently place spoonfuls of the mixture between each “gap” of bread.
- Wrap “filled” bread loaf with foil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 min (or until cheese is well melted)