This bread is the perfect companion to just about ANY meal. Seriously, it goes with food on the grill, Italian (just about anything you can make)….and more.
My personal favorite is when my husband grills us out steaks. We always pair that with potatoes and a salad. However, when we want to make it extra special, we make this bread. My kids absolutely love it and when they see me making it they start asking when they can have a bite! It is just so so so good!
Check out these recipes:
Savory Cheesy Onion Bread
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Whole bread loaf (uncut, sourdough)
- 1 bunch green onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 lb mozzarella or monterey jack cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Slice loaf into a grate like pattern, 5-6 slices going across and 5-6 slices going in the opposite position. **It is very important to not slice all the way through the loaf.
- Place slices of cheese in between each “gap” in the bread.
- In a bowl mix melted butter, minced garlic, chopped green onion, salt and pepper.
- Gently place spoonfuls of mixture between each “gap” of bread.
- Wrap “filled” bread loaf with foil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 min (or until cheese is well melted)