Ever want a homemade lasagna without all the work? Looking for a delicious “homemade” recipe that can be assembled in 15 minutes or less and taste like you have been cooking all day? I’ve got the perfect Semi Homemade Classic Lasagna recipe for you! It is sure to make jaws drop and leave tummies begging for more!
Semi Homemade Classic Lasagna
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 package of pre-cooked lasagna noodles (found in the refrigerated section)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups Ricotta cheese
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 2 clove garlic, diced
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- In a large pan, brown ground beef. When about half way cooked, add onions, garlic and seasonings.
- Once ground beef is fully cooked, drain excess liquid and add 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce and allow to simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering. In a large bowl combine Ricotta, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- In a well greased 9 x 13 dish begin to assemble lasagna.
First pour half of the sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish, then add one layer of pre-cooked lasagna noodles, next add half of the cheese mixture, another layer of noodles, add the remaining sauce and finish the top off with the rest of the cheese mixture.
- Cover with a lid or foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese is brown and/or bubbly.