No-Churn Skittles Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- 1 14-oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of heavy cream (chilled)
- Skittles Candies
- Metal pan (I used a cake pan, but a loaf pan will work too)
- Blend the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Whip the cream on medium-high until firm peaks form (around 2 minutes).
- Fold in around 1 cup of the whipped cream into the milk mixture, until combined.
- Then, fold that mixture back into the rest of the whipped cream. Fold and mix until well blended.
- Put aside while you make the Skittles blend.
- Determine the Skittles flavor you want; since all of ours were various berries, we did not split. But, you would want to do this if you used the traditional flavors.
- Add around 1 1/2 – 2 cups of skittles into a pan; Add in about 1/2 cup of water.
- Turn up the heat to medium and stir until all Skittles have melted and are blended (if mixture becomes too thick, add a bit more water to thin it).
- Slowly add the Skittles mixture to your ice cream base. Fold it in and mix until well blended (I used my mixer so that it was blended thoroughly, but you can do so by hand).
- Pour into metal pan and place in the freezer.
- Allow to freeze for up to 4 hours (may take less than that).
- Serve with more Skittles on top!