Need a quick meal? Try this easy Sour Cream and Onion Chicken recipe!
When it comes to weeknight meals, I’m always looking for something delicious, but yet quick and easy! This sour cream and onion chicken recipe does both of those things very well. It’s a creamy dish that’s packed with flavor and can easily be paired with rice, or pasta to make it even more filling.
Another thing I love is that this is a ONE PAN dish! This saves time when cooking, and makes it easier, but also makes clean-up faster as well. The less dishes there are at the end of the night, the happier I am! Add some rice or pasta to and you’ll have a perfect weeknight meal.
Other easy dinner recipes:Print
Sour Cream and Onion Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Entree
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 packet of Lipton dry onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a deep dish skillet on medium/high heat.
- Place your chicken in the skillet and add salt and pepper.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup, and sour cream.
- Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the top, and stir to combine.
- Add in the water, and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat down to medium, and cover the pan with a lid for 10-15 minutes, stirring often and turning the chicken as needed.
- Remove the pan from the heat when the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve over pasta or rice for a more hearty meal.