Springtime Rice Krispie Treat Cupcakes
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 40 large marshmallows or 4 cups of mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Krispie cereal (can use regular, cocoa or even fruity, as I did)
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 – 3 Tbs milk
- Melt marshmallows and margarine/butter in the microwave.
- Stir and immediately add in the cereal.
- Mix until combined.
- Press into greased muffin tins (makes around 15 – 18).
- Place in the refrigerator while making the icing.
- Cream the shortening and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add the sugar and make sure it is well blended (will appear dry at this point).
- Add in milk, 1 Tbs at a time until it is light and fluffy.
- Pull the treats out of the refrigerator and remove from the pan.
- Pipe icing onto them using a frosting bag or a knife.
- Serve and enjoy!!