Strawberry Jam Cupcakes
- 1 White or Vanilla Cake Mix (and items needed to make them – eggs and oil as directed)
- Strawberry Jam
- Buttercream or Vanilla Frosting (can use can or make your own)
- Red and Yellow Food Coloring
- Strawberries (optional)
- Follow directions on cake mix box for baking cupcakes.
- While your cupcakes are baking, place your desired frosting in a bowl and add 3 drops of red food coloring and 1 drop of yellow food coloring. Mix well.
- Once your cupcakes have finished baking, allow them to coo.
- Once cupcakes are cool, use a spoon to scoop out the middle of the cupcake. Do not go all the way through the bottom of the cupcake. Just a hole big enough to add a dollop of jam.
- Fill your hole with a dollop of strawberry jam, taking care to not go too far past the rim of the hole.
- Place frosting on the cupcakes while also covering the hole. You can use a frosting bag to do this or a Ziploc bag, if you have one handy.
- Garnish with a strawberry if desired.