I love fresh, summery desserts. I recently decided to see if I couldn’t come up with my spin on fruit salsa. While most people make homemade cinnamon crisps, I like to keep things as easy as possible. So, I created this recipe and served mine with Stacy’s Cinnamon Pita Chips.
I’ve been making this fruit salsa recipe for years. Whenever we are invited to summer gatherings, my friends even ask that I bring it with me as it’s become a favorite for them as well.
This recipe is unbelievably simple. It starts with your favorite fresh fruits. I like to use kiwi, strawberries, peaches, and blackberries to make my recipe. But, you can easily swap or add any other fruits you love. I have added apples, raspberries, nectarines and pears to mine before and it tastes just as amazing.
Since you have to do a lot of chopping (and I do mean a LOT), I don’t recommend doing it by hand. One of my favorite go-to kitchen appliances for making my salsa is my food chopper. It is truly one of our most used appliances. If you don’t yet have one, I recommend you buy one ASAP.
Start by peeling and washing all of the fruit you want to use. Cut the stems off of the strawberries and then get busy cutting and chopping. You’ll want to make sure all of the fruit you want to use is finely chopped (unless you want larger chunks of fruit in your salsa).
Once chopped, add the jam to the fruit and blend well. Allow sitting for at least one hour in the refrigerator. Then, serve with cinnamon pita chips for the perfect snack or dessert!
This is a healthy snack, that is packed full of flavor. Fruit salsa will quickly become one of your favorite summer treats!
Summer Fruit Salsa Recipe
Fruit salsa is the perfect way to enjoy your favorite summer fruits!
- 1 Pint of Strawberries
- 1 cup of Raspberries or Blackberries
- 2 Nectarines or Peaches
- 2 Kiwi
- 2 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 3 Tbs. Preserves or Jam (any variety can work, but I use Blackberry Jam)
- Clean and chop all fruit. Make sure to remove pits, core and stems as necessary.
- Mix together in a bowl.
- Add in the sugars and stir.
- Add the preserves or jam and stir.
- Allow sitting for at least one hour so fruits can soften and absorb the flavors (and your preserves/jam can fully dissolve).
- Serve with Stacy’s Pita Chips (so that you don’t have to turn on your oven and make your own).