I love fresh, summery desserts. I recently decided to see if I couldn’t come up with my own spin on a fruit salsa. It seemed like such a simple recipe — and I was right! It took me less than 10 minutes to make mine. What I love is that this is a relatively healthy snack — that doesn’t taste very much so at all! What is great with this recipe is that you can substitute some different fruits to your own tastes, which allows you to make it truly your own!
Summer Fruit Salsa with Stacy’s Cinnamon Pita Chips
- 1 Pint of Strawberries
- 1 cup of Raspberries (can just use container from produce department)
- 2 Nectarines
- 2 Gala Apples
- 2 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 3 Tbs. Preserves or Jam (any variety can work, but I use Blackberry Jam)
- Clean and chop all fruit. Make sure to remove pits, core and stems as necessary.
- Mix together in a bowl.
- Add in the sugars and stir.
- Add the preserves or jam and stir.
- Allow to sit for at least one hour so fruits can soften and absorb the flavors (and your preserves/jam can full dissolve).
- Serve with Stacy’s Pita Chips (so that you don’t have to turn on your oven and make your own).