Autumn soups are the best! So hearty, delicious and comforting. This Sweet & Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe is absolutely perfect for bringing in the cold brisk Fall days.
When it comes to fall dishes, this soup is one of our family’s favorites! It is easy to make, but my favorite things about making it is the way it makes my house smell! Oh. My. Word. This soup screams fall and cozy winter nights.Print
Sweet & Creamy Butternut Squash Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 70 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Category: Entree
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cans vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- On a large baking sheet add the butternut squash, sweet potato, and carrots. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper (I also add a little sprinkle of white sugar at this point to help veggies caramelize better).
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, stir and return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the veggies from the oven and set aside.
- In a large dutch oven or pot, saute onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add roasted veggies and broth to the dutch oven, with the cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Allow the soup simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Add butter and brown sugar to the soup.
- Transfer soup to a blender and puree.
- Serve and enjoy!