Taco Tuesday doesn’t have to just be your standard soft or crunchy options! We liked to mix up our Mexican food nights and think outside the shell! Taco Bowls are one of our family’s favorite meals and they’re so easy to throw together.
Once school has started, I try to find meals that I can make in one pan (for less dishes) and that I can have ready from start to finish in about thirty minutes or less. Taco Bowls meet all of that criteria and so they’re on the weekly meal plan regularly! We also really like making easy Mexican Pizza, or skip the beef and have the Chicken Burrito Bowls instead!Print
Taco Bowls Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree
- 1 1/2 lbs hamburger
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 packet of dry Ranch seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 package spanish rice (we used Knorr)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Sliced avocado (optional)
- In a large pot, brown the hamburger with the chopped onion.
- Drain the grease off the hamburger, then return it and the onions to the pot.
- Add in the Rotel, black beans, corn, taco seasoning, ranch seasoning, oregano, salsa and beef broth and mix to combine.
- Allow it to cook covered on medium high heat, stirring occasionally for ten minutes.
- Add in the package of Spanish rice, and allow it to cook for an additional ten minutes, covered.
- If the rice is fully cooked, your Taco Bowls are ready to serve!
- Top with sour cream, cheese, and sliced avocado if desired.