Target General Shopping FAQs
The price you list on the matchup is different than the price at my local store. Why is that? Prices vary from store to store, sometimes within the same city. These prices are a guideline and the actual price you will find at your local store may vary slightly.
My Target says they do not accept Internet coupons. Is this true? No, that is not true. Target accepts various coupons, and Internet coupons are one of them. As long as the coupon will scan, it will be accepted. If it does not scan, they will not accept it.
My Target says that you can not use coupons when you price match, is this true? There are limitations. If you plan on using a Cartwheel or Target store coupon when price matching, then those are deducted first and then manufacturers coupons can be used. See Price Matching below for more detail.
I want to complain about my store, who do I contact? You can call them directly at 1-800-440-0680 or you can submit feedback via email. Remember that if you do not speak up, they will not be aware of the issue and can not do anything to resolve it. If you contact them, it is helpful to have the store number available as well as any additional information including manager, cashier, date and time of your visit.
Target Coupon Policy
Target accepts both manufacturer and store coupons. Below is an excerpt of the Target Coupon Policy. Make sure you read and understand it before you shop. It can also be helpful to print and keep it with you when shopping.
Manufacturer & Target coupons:
- Target accepts one Manufacturer Coupon, one Target Coupon (mobile is also deemed a Target coupon) and one Cartwheel coupon per item.
- They limit the use of four (4) identical coupons per household, per day (unless otherwise noted on coupon).
- Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.).
- Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
- They do not offer cash back.
- .These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Target (Color Checkout Coupons, Internet Coupons, Mobile Coupons, Mailed Coupons, Coupons from Newspapers and Magazines, etc.).
Internet (Print-at-home) Coupons:
- They accept valid internet coupons.
- They do not accept Internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.
- You can receive Target Mobile Coupons by signing up for Text Alerts at Target.com/mobile or by texting COUPONS to 827438 (TARGET) (standard message and data rates apply).
- They do not accept mobile manufacturer’s coupons.
Category/Deparment and Storewide coupons:
- When redeeming more than one category/department or storewide coupon, you must meet the purchase requirements for each coupon individually.
- If you plan to use a category/department coupon in ADDITION to storewide coupon, you must meet the purchase requirements for each coupon individually.
- Percent off coupons apply to all qualifying items in your transaction. You can not use any additional category/department or storewide coupon with this type of coupon.
Buy One Get One Free Coupons (BOGO):
- BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the guest and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
- A second cents-off coupon of the same type cannot be redeemed towards the purchase price of the first item.
- If a Target BOGO coupon is used, one additional manufacturer coupon maybe used on the first item.
- If a Manufacturer BOGO coupon is used, one additional Target coupon may be used on the first item.
Target Price Match Guarantee (Price Matching) Policy
Target offers price matching. You can do this at the register when checking out. You can also use your coupons on price matched products. Below are some excerpts from the Target Price Match Guarantee policy. Make sure you review the entire policy carefully.
Price Match Guarantee
If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within fourteen days at this list of 29 different online retailers or in a competitor’s local printed ad, they will match the price. You can do this at Guest Services.
You will need to bring in the current ad (or show it on your phone), as well as your original Target store receipt. They will give you the difference back.
Price Match Guarantee Details
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
- When matching competitor ads or Target.com pricing, the price must be shown in the ad and must be valid on the day the price match is requested.
- They will match on-line retailers, but only those on this list. That means that they will not match third party sellers on any website.
- You will need to show the price on either your mobile device or on the print at. Online pricing will be validated by a Target team member.
- They reserve the right to verify product pricing and availability through a competitor.
- If you are matching on-line prices, the item must be in stock at the time of the price match.
- Limit of one competitor online price match per identical item, per guest.
- Proof of price for print ads must be the actual ad. They will not accept photo copies, photos or mobile phone versions of the competitor’s ad.
- Proof of price for online prices will need to be shown on your phone, or you may print it out and bring it with you. Keep in mind that the price will verify the pricing and inventory before the price match is done.
What exclusions apply to price matching?
- They will not match prices originally purchased at Target.com, CityTarget or other Target stores.
- They will not price match any retailers other than those mentioned above.
- Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from price matching.
- “Marketplace” items are not price matched. They must be sold directly by the online company mentioned above.
- They will not match prices which display only once you have logged into the site.
- Precent or Dollar off prices – where the final price is not shown in the ad.
- Loyalty card prices. These would include club cards where you pay an annual membership fee. These do NOT apply to store loyalty cards, which are free
- Buy something get something – where the exact item(s) can not be verified.
- Competitor “coupon required” ads
- Competitor price matches where Target or the competitor is offering a free gift card.
- Free product offers without any required purchase.
- Sales tax promotions.
- Clearance, close out or limited quantity items.
- Pricing errors.
Can you use a coupon when price matching?
- Manufacturer coupons are applied to your purchase after the price match has been made.
- Target and/or Cartwheel coupons are applied prior to the price match being made. If, after the coupon has been applied, the price is still higher than the competitor, the price will be adjusted to match that price.