This is a sponsored post on behalf of Mirum. All opinions are my own.
When it comes to cooking, I admit I cook for my family out of necessity. It is necessary I do so or they will starve. I don’t like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
That means I’m all about the quick and easy dinner ideas. If I can create dinner in 30 minutes or less, it’s a bonus for me! That sometimes means using products in a different way.
One such way I do this is with Knorr sides. Not only are the gluten free, they also don’t contain artificial colors nor preservatives. I’ve been using these simple packets to make quick and easy meals for my family.
If you aren’t sure where to find them, you can track them down at your local Food Lion grocery store. You can find them in your rice and pasta aisle (just in case you aren’t sure where to look).
While I create my own unique recipes, one that we found from Knorr and love is their Philly Steak & Peppers. I share the full recipe below, but I add my own spin on it (because of the ingredients I have available).
We start by searing our sirloin steak. We do this by cooking it on each side for around 2 – 3 minutes in olive oil. Then, we remove it from the pan and slice it into strips. Put it back into the pan and cook for a few more minutes in either side.
Once the steak is cooked, remove and set it aside. Add your peppers and onions to the pan (with a bit more olive oil). Once they are cooked, we slice them into smaller strips (but you can do this before hand if you like). Cook until they are softened (around 5 minutes or so). Remove them from the pan and set aside.
The last step is to add milk, water and Knorr Selects White Cheddar Broccoli Rice together in the same pan. It takes around 10 minutes to cook.
When done, add all of your cooked items together and serve! It is absolutely delicious!!!
Remember to check the aisles of your local Food Lion to find more varieties of Knorr sides and transform dinner into something special.
Knorr Philly Steak & Pepper Recipe
A quick, one pan dish that creates a Philly steak sandwich into an easy to serve dish.
- Author: Tracie
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, sliced
- 6 mini red or orange peppers (or 2 large peppers if you can’t find mini)
- 1 small red onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package Knorr Selects White Cheddar Broccoli Rice
- Slice the steak into strips and cook on medium-high heat with 1 Tbs Olive Oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 – 4 minutes on each side. (Alternatively, you can sear both sides and then remove, slice and return to the pan to finish cooking). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 Tbs Olive Oil to the pan with the peppers and onions. Cook until softened (turn as needed). Remove from pan and set aside with the steak.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water and 1 cup milk to the same pan and pour in the package of Knorr Selects White Cheddar Broccoli Rice. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the steak, peppers and onion to the rice and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!