Whether you are making a dessert for your own family or hosting a fancy dinner party this Vanilla Bean Pannacotta is sure to be a big hit! With a hint of lemon and the delicious aroma of fresh vanilla bean your senses are sure to be rocked. The Pannacotta tastes absolutely fabulous all on it’s own, but if you want to give it a little extra flavor you can top with with a raspberry coolie (as pictured), a lemon marmalade, or even just a dusting of cinnamon!
Vanilla Bean Pannacotta Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- In a sauce pan combine whipping cream, 1/2 cup milk, sugar, and lemon zest
- Remove the innards of 1 vanilla bean and add both innards and pod directly to the saucepan.
- Stirring continuously, bring mixture to a gentle simmer over medium heat.
- Remove mixture from heat, cover and let sit for 15 minutes.
- While that sits, mix 1/2 cup milk and gelatin in a small bowl. Let rest for about 15 minutes, until gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Return milky mixture to the stove top and bring it back to a simmer.
- Add gelatin mixture, stir until fully dissolved.
- Using a cheese cloth or fine mesh strainer, strain out lemon zest and vanilla bean pod from mixture.
- Ladel mixture into 6-8 lightly oiled ramekins (mine were a little more than 3/4 cups each in size).
- Place in the refrigerator and let cool overnight (at least 8 hours).
- Serve with a sauce of your choice (ex: Raspberry Coolie, Lemon Marmalade, Basil Coolie…)