Who doesn’t love a good turkey sandwich? They are great, but they can also be rather boring. Take your lunch up a notch by making one of these turkey pinwheel sandwiches instead. Your taste buds will thank you.
The closer it gets to the end of the school year, the less interest I have in making school lunches. My kids and I are both bored with the same old ham and cheese or PB&J sandwiches. We need to take it up a notch. That led me to try to find something that they’d like, but that I’d enjoy too.
These veggie turkey pinwheels do just that! They are a simple way to hide some of those veggies so that your kids don’t even realize they are eating them (shhhhh!!!). It takes just a few minutes to make, but it tastes like you spent hours!
While I recommend using Flat Bread, you can swap it out for a toritilla instead. Or, just spread this onto your favorite bread and turn it into a sandwich!Print
Veggie Turkey Pinwheels Recipe
Veggie turkey pinwheels are a simple way to turn a boring lunch into something extraordinary.
- 1/2 cup of grated Carrots
- 1 package of Cream Cheese
- 4 tablespoons of grated Celery
- 2 tablespoons of grated Onion
- 1/4 a teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup of Cottage Cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Pickle Relish
- 1 large package of Sliced Turkey
- 2–4 Wheat Flat Bread Wraps
- Mix all ingredients except, turkey and wraps in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate the mixture for 2 hours.
- Lay out flat bread and place a layer of turkey on top.
- Spread your cream cheese mixture over the top of the turkey. (Try to keep it fairly thin so that it rolls easily.)
- Next, tightly roll your wrap up jellyroll fashion.
- Trim the edges evenly and cut into 1 and 1/2 inch sections.
- Serve and enjoy!