I have talked about SavingStar before, but with so many new members I wanted to make sure that everyone knew about this additional way to save money.
SavingStar “coupons” are actually offers that you load onto your savings card. These offers are available at more than 24,000 stores nationwide! If you are not sure about this program, read a little more and I’ll fill you in.
You actually earn money when you shop. Yep – EARN money! Here’s all you have to do:
- Go to SavingStar and input your zip code to find out the stores near where you live that are participating (you might be surprised at those you see).
- Go ahead and create an account – which is totally free.
- You will find your stores listed. Just enter you store reward card number into the spaces provided for the stores under that section.
- You can also add the stores where you must scan in receipts (you will need the app on your device to redeem these offers).
- Review the e-coupons and add them to your account.
- You will shop as usual at the store, paying the shelf price. You will not see any discount applied at the store.
- If you shop using your loyalty card, you need to do nothing more as the offer will automatically be applied to your account. If you shop at one of the receipt upload stores (such as Target and Walmart), you will need to make sure you snap your receipt and upload it via the app.
- Within 7 – 30 days, you have the value of the e-coupon in your account (there are differences as each store submits data on a different schedule). As soon as SavingStar gets the information, it is posted.
- When you reach $5 in your account, you can then redeem it for various rewards – including a direct payout of cash to you via Pay Pal.
The question that is asked most frequently is this “Can I use these along with a manufacturer’s coupon?” According to the SavingStar FAQs, that is not the intent. However, you can stack them with store coupons – as long as they are not manufacturer’s coupons.
Here are some of the stores that I found that participate:
- Hy-Vee (need a UPromise card – inquire at customer service)
- Hen House Market (Kansas City)
- Price Chopper
- Country Mart
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Rite Aid
- Food Lion
- …..and lots more
Check out SavingStar and register your cards and get started on saving even MORE today!