- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks (3 broomsticks per cheese stick)
- Pretzel Sticks
- Fruit Rollups
- Slice the cheese stick into thirds.
- Then, slice the end to make the bristles Cut up only about 1/3 of the length of the cheese stick. Roll it around and continue to slice through it until you see your bristles emerge. Make sure you do not cut up TOO high onto the cheese stick, or it will split when you slide the pretzel stick into the end. This step might take a little trial and error on your part to get it to look right.
- Next, slide a pretzel into the uncut end of the cheese stick. Make certain you do not press it in too far or you risk splitting the stick.
- Finally, cut a small strip of your fruit roll up and wrap it around the stick. They will melt a bit and turn the cheese colored(after being exposed to warmer temps), but it does not affect the taste or look of the brooms at all.
- When you are done, you will have a nutritious snack which the kids will really enjoy.