This berry bottom cake with homemade cream cheese frosting is one of my go-to desserts. It’s super easy, and melts in your mouth. It never lasts long in my house, and it’s so yummy!
You could vary this dessert by changing the cake flavor and the fruit type and make a different variety of cake each and every time! It is perfect for a birthday, anniversary, Valentine’s Day – any day of the year!
Check out some of our other popular desserts:
- Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 can of mixed berry pie filling
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup margarine
- In a greased 9x13 cake pan, pour the pie filling and spread it to cover the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Mix the cake mix as directed on the box, and pour the batter on top of the berry mixture.
- Cook as directed on the box.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and allow it to cool for one hour.
- To make the frosting, combine the powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and the margaring in a medium sized bowl.
- Whisk until smooth, and there are no lumps.
- Once the cake is cooled, apply the frosting to the entire top of the cake.
- Cut and serve.