I always love the idea of freshly baked bread, straight from the oven, but I never have the time to make a loaf from scratch the old-fashioned way. Beer bread is a simple way to have freshly baked bread, without all the tedious work of a tradition loaf.
Prep time for this is literally 5-7 minutes. It’s my favorite way to have baked bread on hand, and it’s absolutely delicious. The beer works to make the bread light and fluffy, so no yeast is needed. I’ve heard people say that you can also use a can of soda in place of the beer, but I’ve never tried making it that way so I can’t vouch for it.
If you want to add a bread option to dinner, with ingredients you already have on hand, this is the bread for you. It’s the perfect balance between salty and sweet. This buttery beer bread recipe is definitely a family favorite! Don’t make it too long before dinner, or there may not be much left by the time dinner is ready, it’s delicious and disappears fast!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 12 oz beer
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- Once mixed, add in the beer, and mix well (the dough will be sticky.)
- Place the dough in a greased, 9x5 bread pan
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the dough
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Best served warm, but delicious when cooled too.