When hot temperatures roll in, there’s nothing better to quench your thirst that a cold glass of lemonade or limeade! Sure, you can go buy a bottle at the store, but nothing is as good as having it homemade! This easy homemade limeade recipe will have you sipping cold limeade in no time, and it’s SO good!
You only need three ingredients for this recipe, and it doesn’t take very long to make at all. As the summer goes on, citrus prices will get cheaper and cheaper, so the cost of this recipe will shrink as the months get warmer! Make this recipe as is, or add some strawberry, cherry, or mango to it to give it an all new flavor! We like the basic limemade recipe, but you may want to spice it up.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup + 5 cups of water
- 1 cup sugar
- In a small sauce pan, combine a cup of warm water, and the sugar.
- Stir while heating until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.
- Squeeze the juice from your limes (you will need about 12 limes total, depending on their size) into a one cup measuring cup. Tip: roll your limes firmly on a hard surface before juicing them, if juicing by hand, to get the most juice out of each lime.
- Combine the cup of lime juice with the sugar mixture into a pitcher.
- Add 5 cups of cold water, and mix well.
- Add 1-2 cups of ice and let cool in the refrigerator.
- For best results, allow it to chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
Want to try some awesome lemonade recipes? Try these: