Pies are one of my favorite desserts. Raspberry pie is definitely in my top five favorites. These easy raspberry hand pies are so good, they didn’t even make it a full day in my house. Let’s put it this way, my husband had five, yes five, pies for dessert. They’re the perfect balance of crust, and sweet, and tart. They’re super easy to make, and super easy to eat. They’re also great for lunches on the go, and much cheaper than buying those mini pies in the store, not to mention they taste so much better!
- Raspberry Pie Filling
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Set your pie crusts out to come to room temperature, while you prepare everything else.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425.
- Scramble the egg, and set it aside.
- Using a 4" biscuit cutter, cut five to six circles out of each pie crust.
- Place the circles, one at a time, on a baking sheet covered with wax paper.
- Place a single tablespoon of pie filling in the center of each circle. Don't use more than a tablesoon, it's more than enough.
- Fold the circle in half, and use a fork to seal the edges.
- Once all the pies are filled, brush the tips with the egg, to it has a nice golden color when it bakes.
- Bake at 425 for ten minutes.
- While the pies are cooking, mix together the powdered sugar and milk to form an icing.
- Remove the pies from the oven, and place them on a cooling rack covered in a sheet of wax paper.
- Drizzle the icing liberally over each pie.
- Allow them to cool for 15-20 minutes before eating.
Want some other delicious dessert ideas?