This is truly one of the easiest Stuffed Peppers Recipes you will ever make!!!
This is one of our FAVORITE meals!! It is so easy to make and tastes absolutely scrumptious! I love that it is made with ingredients that we usually have on hand!
You can easily make this a healthy version by using ground turkey rather than ground beef. We do that quite frequently and we can’t even really tell the difference!
I always use an 8×8 Pyrex pan to make these as that pan is the perfect size! These are truly one of our favorite meals and it will become yours too!!!
- 4 large green bell peppers (can use red if you prefer)
- 1 lb of ground beef or turkey
- 1 Tbs. chopped onion
- 1 cup of cooked rice (Minute Rice is what I use)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. garlic salt
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 1 - 1½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut a circle around the top of the pepper and remove it (making a "lid).
- Cut out seeds and membranes.
- Cook in boiling water for 5 - 7 minutes. Drain.
- While peppers are boiling, brown the ground beef (or turkey) until cooked through.
- Add in onion and cook until softened.
- Drain and return to the skillet.
- Mix in ¼ - ⅓ cup of cheese.
- Add the rice, salt, garlic salt and 1 cup of tomato sauce to the beef. Cook until all is hot.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the peppers.
- Stand upright in a small baking dish (8x8 Pyrex works best - link to one is above).
- Pour the remaining sauce over the tops of the peppers.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 min.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted.