I love having cold snacks for my kids when it’s hot outside. A great alternative to ice cream and popsicles are these Frozen Banana Pops! These are a simple treat that’s perfect for a hot day. They’re also an excellent way to sneak in some fruit into your kids’ diet!
The fun thing about frozen banana pops is that you can add sprinkles, making them even more fun to eat!! This is like a healthier version of a banana split. You can even skip the chocolate and sprinkles, and just eat a frozen banana. They’re so good! They’re one of my favorite summer treats, and they’re easy to come by and prepare. Plus, everyone knows that food tastes better on a stick.
More fun dessert ideas:
- Frozen Bananas
- Chocolate chips, or chocolate melting candies
- Popsicle sticks
- Place your bananas in the freezer, peel and all.
- Leave them in overnight, or for at least 4-6 hours.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave until it's smooth.
- Cut the bananas in half.
- Remove the peel from the bananas. TIP: Use a butter knife to slip under the edge of the peel, and sort of chip the peel away a few pieces at a time.
- Gently slide the popsicle stick in the banana. Don't push too far, or the banana will split.
- Dip the banana in the melted chocolate, turning quickly to cover it.
- Place the Frozen Banana Pops on a glass baking sheet, and cover them in sprinkles.
- Place the baking sheet back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the treats from the freezer, and enjoy!