As couponers, the stacks of newspapers can get high pretty quickly. A lot of people just recycle their papers, but what about some options for Up-Cycling? How about some new uses for those left over newspapers?
Around the house you can reuse it to:
- Clean the windows, instead of using paper towels
- As weed barrier in the garden. Layer newspaper before you plant your flowers, just wet between each layer.
- In the fridge, lay it in the bottom of your vegetable drawer. It will keep the bottom from getting dirty, plus absorb moisture and smells.
- Use it in place of baking soda in the fridge, or in those items you’re packing up for the season like coolers.
- Ripen your fruit faster. Wrap your under ripped fruit up in newspaper and it will ripen faster.
Of course, you can use them for so much more than just around the house. There are actually craft projects you can make with them too! I’ve rounded up some of my favorite ideas for you here:
How do you up-cycle or reuse your newspapers?