Summer is full of all kinds of fruity desserts at our house. When fruits are in season they’re cheaper, and they taste better too! We try to take advantage of all the best tasting fruits and veggies this time of year by adding them into our diet often.
We, like many of you, grill a lot in the summer. We like to grill lots of our veggies, right alongside the meat, and it’s delicious! Did you know you could also easily grill fruit too? We make a mean Grilled Peaches and Cream that will knock your socks off. The best part is, it’s super simple to do. And, you don’t need a ton of ingredients!
Grilled Peaches and Cream is a great way to have an entirely grilled meal from entree to dessert. It also lets you take advantage of peaches, which are in season now, when they taste the best. Skip the peach cobbler, and just make this Grilled Peaches and Cream on your family’s next grill night!
- Fresh Peaches, halved
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Keep your grill to a low heat.
- Cut your peaches in half, and remove the pit from the center.
- Place your peaches cut side down, directly on the grill grates.
- Allow the peaches to cook for 15-20 minutes on low heat.
- The entire peach half will be hot and soft to the touch when it's finished.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Optionally you may sprinkle the dish with some cinnamon for an added flavor.
- Best eaten immediately from the grill.
If you liked this fruit themed dessert, you will probably enjoy these too: