Everyone needs a good chikcen noodle soup recipe in their arsenal! This chicken noodle soup is one we always use anytime it’s a cold day, or someone is feeling under the weather. It’s simple and delicious, just like homemade chicken noodle soup should be!
This soup cooks in just 30 minutes, and only uses one pot, making it perfect for a weeknight meal. Everytime I cook this soup, I forget how good it is! It’s definitely a favorite recipe in our house. Campbell’s has nothin’ on this soup recipe, and everything tastes a little better when it’s made from scratch.
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups of celery, chopped
- 1 lb of cooked white chicken meat, shredded
- 2 cups water
- 1 bag egg noodles ( or 2 cups fresh, homemade noodles)
- Salt & pepper
- Begin by shredding your cooked chicken (we use a rotisserie chicken)
- In a large pot, combine the chicken stock, water and chicken.
- Chop and add your carrots first, then your celery, then your onions, in that order, so they cook at the right time.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the noodles.
- Bring to a high boil for ten minutes.
- Reduce to a simmer, and cook for twenty minutes.
Want to try out some other soup recipes? We compiled a list of some of our favorites!