If you walk around the store, you will usually see things that you can probably make at home, but are available in a jar. You might think it is easier to just buy that, but sometimes, it just tastes so much better if you make it yourself.
One of those items that I make at home instead of buying is marinara. It just tastes so much better and I feel like I really see what goes into making it.
This recipe is super easy to make and you’ll soon make it your go to sauce (and never buy it in a jar again).
- 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 Tbs chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp of ground black pepper
- 6 tbs olive oil
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup of white wine
- Place tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, salt, oregano and parsley into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Saute onions in olive oil until cooked through (around 2 - 3 minutes)
- Add in the sauce and win to the onions
- Simmer for 30 minutes (stir occasionally)