My kids and I LOVE to head into the kitchen and bake together. It is just something that the four of us can do where we are getting away from the stresses of daily life and more importantly – -devices! Whenever I ask the kids to bake, the drop the computer and iPad and run into the kitchen to help. They don’t even have a desire to watch a video when we are engaged in making something fun.
That is why these Pillsbury Layered cupcakes are perfect. Not only are they fun to make, they are so SUPER simple! I am sure you see how to do this, but here is how we did this.
- 2 Pillsbury Bagged Cupcake Mixes (2 co-ordinating colors)
- Ingredients as listed on the bagged mix
- 2 Pillsbury Frosting (2 co-ordinating colors)
- Preheat over according to package instructions.
- Mix up mixes into two different bowls (according to package instructions)
- Scoop about ¼ cup of the first color (which will be the bottom of the cupcake) into each cupcake tin.
- Scoop ¼ cup of the second color (the middle) onto the TOP of the first color.
- Rotate to make another set of cupcakes, or repeat for the same pattern.
- Bake according to instructions.
- Allow to cool for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Put into the freezer for 45 min - 1 hour (easier to frost frozen cupcakes)
- Place frosting into bag and pipe onto the cupcake, or simple frost with a knife.
- Add sprinkles as desire.