A mini apple pie is all you sometimes need. Whether it is for yourself for a midnight snack, after dinner dessert or even for your Thanksgiving meal, these mini apple pies work perfectly.
They are much simpler to make than you realize. No need to be a baker or chef to whip up these yummy treats. In around just 40 minutes you’ll be enjoying warm apple pie, fresh from the oven! (And don’t forget the whipped cream or ice cream)!
Check out all of our other Apple Recipes! And then, follow me on Pinterest where I have all sorts of yummy desserts and ideas!!
- 2 packages of Betty Crocker Pie Crusts (pre-made, not frozen)
- 2.5-3 lbs Granny Smith Apples
- Juice of ½ lemon or 3 TBSP lemon juice
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup butter, cubed evenly
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cut, peel and core apples. Evenly coat with lemon juice.
- Combine cinnamon, white sugars, brown sugar, flour and nutmeg together and mix well. Add mixed dry ingredients to diced apples. Make sure coat evenly.
- With your pie crusts, cut out 24 circles (use a cookie cutter or glass sprayed with cooking spray to get shapes)
- Place crust circles into ungreased cupcake pans.
- Fill each pie crust with the apple mixture.
- Put a sliver (or cube) of butter on each apple pie.
- Using the second pie crust, make another round of circles or strips for the tops of the mini apple pies.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown.