Peppermint vanilla cupcakes are one of my favorite holiday treats. In fact, vanilla and peppermint is the flavor blend I love the most.
From the way it smells to the way it tastes – it just makes my taste buds happy. These easy Peppermint Vanilla Cupcakes are the perfect blend of both peppermint and vanilla, and they receive rave reviews each time I make them!
- Boxed Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 box of candy canes or 1 small bag of peppermints
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 Tablespoon of peppermint extract
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- Mix the cake as according to package instructions.
- After blended, add one teaspoon of peppermint extract to the batter and mix well.
- Pour into cupcake liners and bake as directed on the box.
- While your cupcakes cool, remove the frosting from the tub, and put it in a mixing bowl.
- Add one Tablespoon of peppermint extract to the frosting and mix well.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, pipe the frosting onto them.
- Unwrap the candy canes or peppermints and place them in a gallon sized plastic baggie.
- Crush the peppermints in the bag by using a rolling pin or rubber mallet.
- Sprinkle the crushed peppermint on top of the cupcakes liberally.
- Serve and enjoy!