St. Patricks Day makes me want to eat corned beef and cabbage every year! I found an easy way to cook it in the slow cooker, and it turns out so tender and delicious every time! You just need a few ingredients and your crock pot to make this yummy dish. I always have to remind myself to start this in the morning, right after breakfast, because it needs eight hours to cook.
As a tip, the closer we get to St. Patrick’s Day, the cheaper corned beef, and fresh cabbage will be. We’ve seen cabbage for as cheap as $0.17/lb before! So if you plan this to be your St. Patrick’s Day meal, be sure to hold off buying the ingredients until we see those sales start to pop up, to save you a few dollars on this seasonal meal! Do you make a special meal for St. Patrick’s Day, or is it just another normal day in your house?
Other dinner recipes:
- 4 lbs corned beef
- ½ head of cabbage
- 10 baby red potatoes
- ½ onion
- 6 oz beer
- 4 cups of water
- Salt and pepper
- Set your crock pot on high.
- Half the baby potatoes and place them on the bottom.
- Cut the onion into large chunks and place them over the potatoes.
- Place the corned beef on top.
- Pour on the water and the beer over the corned beef.
- Sprinkle on the seasoning packet that came with the corned beef.
- Let it cook on high for 7 hours.
- Coarsely chop the cabbage, and add it when the seven hours is up.
- Let it cook for one hour with the cabbage added.