Krispie Treat Cupcakes. What better treat than to combine kid’s favorite sweets – krispie treats and cupcakes? This recipe, was actually a mistake turned awesome.
I started making the fruity krispie treats and when I went to put them into the pan, I remembered that it was in the oven. I had these treats which were going to start to settle soon so I had to get them into something before I had a lump of treats on my hands. I looked over and saw my muffin tins sitting there. I grabbed them and placed the treats inside of them. I just figured we’d have circle treats and then it hit me — turn them into cupcakes!!
So, my mistake has turned into something my kids thought was just so awesome – so I am sharing this with all of you!!!
Other fun recipes to try:
- ¼ cup margarine or butter
- 40 large marshmallows or 4 cups of mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Krispie cereal (can use regular, cocoa or even fruity, as I did)
- ½ cup solid vegetable shortening
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 - 3 Tbs milk
- Melt marshmallows and margarine/butter in the microwave.
- Stir and immediately add in the cereal.
- Mix until combined.
- Press into greased muffin tins (makes around 15 - 18).
- Place into the refrigerator while making icing.
- Cream the shortening and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add in the sugar and make sure it is well blended (will appear dry at this point).
- Add in milk, 1 Tbs at a time until it is light and fluffy.
- Pull the treats out of the refrigerator and remove from the pan.
- Pipe icing onto them using a frosting bag or a knife.
- Serve and enjoy!!