Don’t these fresh summer strawberries just look delectable?!?! Treat your family with an easy “fresh” dessert of Strawberry Shortcake!
You can purchase shortcake, use pre-made biscuits or make your biscuits from scratch. Really you can make this dessert your own, as easy or complex as you would like.
We actually love to add ice cream or whipped cream to the top, because, let’s face it – that makes anything better! What I think I love most of all is that our kids will eat this too! That means they get a bit of something healthy, but they think it is just dessert (so don’t tell them!!!).
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 6-8 biscuits or shortcakes (homemade, pre-made, or store bought)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Ice cream (optional)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- In a small bowl mix sour cream, brown sugar and cinnamon and then aside
- Cut strawberries into bite size pieces and sprinkle with sugar then set aside
- Slice biscuits or shortcakes in half
- Top with one half heaping spoonful of sour cream mixture
- Place the other half on top
- Top with strawberries (and ice cream and/or whipped cream)