Toasted coconut marshmallows were always one of my favorite treats as a kid. My Daddy would always buy them for me at a gas station, and we would snack on them together. I really wanted some the other day, and I couldn’t find them to buy anywhere!
I decided to try and make my own toasted coconut marshmallows, and honestly, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to buy the store bought kind again! These are amazing, and so simple. These would make great gifts for Christmas, or something to sell at a bake sale, or to have as a snack at a family gathering or party – they’re so cheap to make.
- Sweetened Coconut
- Wax Paper
- Large Marshmallows
- Margarine or Butter
- Place the coconut in a shallow pan.
- Turn the heat onto medium high and stir continuously until it is brown.
- Remove from the heat and spread onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Once cooled, put the coconut in a large Ziploc bag
- Rub butter around the entire outside of the marshmallows (it is simple to just put the butter on your hands and then rub it on them that way).
- Place the buttered marshmallows into the baggie (around 10-15 at at time).
- Shake the bag until the marshmallows are coated.
- Remove and store in an air-tight container.