These TURTLES® candies brownies are rich and delicious and will make your taste buds smile! I am thrilled to partner with TURTLES® candies to bring you this amazing recipe (which will quickly become one of your favorites).
If you ask my kids what I want for Mother’s Day (or my birthday), the answer is always simple. I want whatever they want to give me. And, to be honest, the gifts they make themselves are the ones I love the most.
I am not into material items. For me, what matters is that my kids learn that too. It is not about spending money on a gift, but rather, make something from the heart. Most of the time, for them, it means getting into the kitchen and doing some baking. However, they might visit the store with their dad and pick me up a little something sweet, like TURTLES® clusters (which are my absolute favorite candy of all time).
If they do decide to bake me something, it usually involves something chocolate. Chocolate just makes me happy and they know it.
My love of TURTLES® candies and my love of chocolate got me thinking. What if I could find a way to marry those two together to make something truly decadent. That is when it came to me – TURTLES® candies BROWNIES!!
Because I am busy and don’t want to spend hours baking, I wanted to make sure it was something that was simple which anyone could make.
The first thing I did was visit the store to get the items I’d need to make this. It includes 4 simple things: boxed brownie mix, TURTLES® candies, whipping cream and wrapped caramel candies.
I whipped up the brownie mix according to the package instructions. However, I only poured HALF of the batter into the pan and baked it for 20 minutes.
While that was baking, I unwrapped the caramels and melted them with some whipping cream in the microwave. It took around a minute and then I just stirred the mixture until it was smooth and creamy.
The next step was probably the most important. Anytime I bake with my kids, we always have to “taste test” the candies, nuts or other items we are adding into our mixture. After all, we have to make sure it tastes OK…..so I did that and then proceeded to chop up the candies.
Once the first layer was baked, I poured the caramel mixture onto it and then sprinkled half of the diced candies on it. I added the remaining brownie mixture and then sprinkled the rest of the candy on the top. I placed it back in the oven to continue baking.
That’s it! It may sound like it is difficult, but it is really SO easy! When my husband tried them his eyes widened and he said those were SOOOOOO good! Now, you can make your own TURTLES® candies BROWNIES!!
Here is the full recipe:
- 1 Boxed brownie mix (plus ingredients needed to make the brownies as noted)
- 32 soft caramel candies
- 3 Tbs. whipping cream
- 1 6.4 oz box of TURTLES® candies
- Mix the brownies according to package instructions.
- Place ½ of the batter in a greased 8x8 pan.
- Bake (at temperature on box) for 18 - 20 minutes.
- While brownies are baking, place unwrapped caramels and whipping cream in microwave safe bowl. Warm for no more than 1½ minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and stir/blend until all clumps are removed and it is well mixed (you may need to warm a bit longer to melt caramels - just do not allow it to burn).
- Finely dice all TURTLES® candies.
- Remove brownies and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the caramel mixture on top of the brownies, spreading carefully (do not spread completely to the edges).
- Sprinkle ½ of the TURTLES® candies onto the caramel layer.
- Add the rest of the brownie batter and spread to the edge of the pan.
- Add remaining TURTLES® candies to the top of the brownies.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, until cooked through.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 - 20 minutes before cutting.
- Serve and enjoy!!!