Does your mouth water just looking at this photo? Mine sure does! You can make these yummy Whatchamacallit Treats at home with just a few simple ingredients. It may look difficult, but it is actually pretty easy to make!
- 6 cups Peanut Butter Captain Crunch Cereal
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 11 tbs salted butter
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- For the Crunch Layer
- Coat an 8 x 13 baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Melt 3 tbs butter in a large saucepan.
- Add 4 cups mini marshmallows stirring constantly until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 6 cups Peanut Butter Captain Crunch Cereal to the marshmallow mixture and stir until all the cereal is coated.
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish and use a piece of wax paper to press the cereal mixture down.
For the Caramel Layer
- In a medium sized bowl melt one stick of butter in the microwave (takes around 50 - 60 seconds) Add sweetened condensed milk, light corn syrup and light brown sugar and whisk until combined. Place caramel mixture in the microwave and cook on high for six minutes (you will know it is done when you place a dime sized amount into ice water and it forms a ball which you can roll in your fingers). You want it the consistency of peanut butter.
- Allow the caramel to cool in your mixing bowl for about 10-15 minutes so it is spreadable.
- Spread the caramel mixture over the peanut butter cereal mixture.
- For the Chocolate Layer
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler until smooth. (Do not use the microwave to melt your chocolate chips. It will pull the moisture from the chocolate and cause it to seize up).
- Once melted, spread over the caramel mixture.
- Slice and enjoy!