There are many times when your job may prevent you from grabbing something to eat at the “normal” times of the day. For instance, first responders and emergency workers may be on the scene of an accident which happens right at lunchtime. They can’t stop working to eat because their focus is on the incident. This can mean that they have to quickly stop by a convenience store to grab something to eat when they can — which can quickly hurt the budget!
I previously asked this question on my Facebook page as one of my readers was asking for ideas for her spouse. We had some GREAT ones shared by our readers!!! Check these out:
1. Gift cards. When it comes time to ask for gifts for any occasion, opt for gift cards for dining out. This is a great idea for parents and friends — and even your kids. As you get older, you really want the things you need more often than not. This is an easy way to do just that!!
2. Coupons / Entertainment Book. We recently received an Entertainment Book. This is FILLED with coupons to various restaurants, stores and more! Many times, they are a buy one get one offer, so you could find a co-worker and split the cost of your meal – which helps you both! You can pick up a book for just $21 shipped right now (a savings of 40% off of retail) — from Reader Julie.
3. Pack some snacks. Pick up granola bars or other small items which you can place in your pocket or vehicle, so you can grab a quick bite when you are away.
4. Invest in a vacuum sealer and make meals. Reader Teresa had a great idea! She recommends investing in a FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System. You can take left over meals and seal them. Make sure they are small enough packages where they can fit into a travel mug. Then, when you stop by a convenience store, just fill the mug with hot water, which will warm your meal. Then, you can pull it out and have something to eat!!
5. Think quick meals. Create items such as wraps. Make them ahead of time and keep them in your refrigerator so you can grab and take them with you. Great idea from fellow Law Enforcement Officer JulieAnn and her husband!!!
There are even more great ideas on our Facebook page. Thanks to our readers for adding some great ideas to this discussion!