Cookies are always a great choice for any occasion. Whether you are simply making tasty snack for your family at home, taking a treat for a holiday party at your kids school or are preparing for a cooking exchange, these M&M cookies are amazing! Plus you can even alter this recipe to become a themed treat for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, St Patrick’s Day and more!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
3/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s (you can choose seasonal colors like Valentines, Christmas and so on!)
- In a stand mixer (or large bowl with electric hand blender) combine butter, white and brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and mix on medium-high speed until well combined and creating a creamy texture. (This takes about 3 minutes.)
- Add flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, and turn mixer to low speed. Mix until all ingredients are merged together. Do not over mix.
- Add the chocolate chips, 1 cup M&M’s, and mix on low speed until combined.
- Form 12 equal-sized mounds of dough, roll into balls, and slightly flatten about half way. You may want to add a few extra M&M’s to the tops of the cookies at this point.
- Place cookies on a large plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. (This step is essential to not having flat cookies).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, spray with cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place cookie dough on baking sheet. Make sure to space at least 2 inches apart and bake for 11 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. Do not use a rack.
- Serve and enjoy