Witches brooms (or witches broomsticks) are a healthy option for Halloween.
My kids LOVE Halloween! They love all of the snacks and treats that they get, but I’d rather make sure that they have something a bit healthier too!
If you are having a party, you can make these fun witches broomsticks for your guests. They are super easy to make and offer a bit of a healthier alternative to all of the sweet treats!
First, slice the cheese stick into thirds.
Next, slice the bristles. To do this, slowly roll the cheese stick around while you make slices in one end. Just be careful that you do not cut too high up on the cheese stick or the bristles will break off when you slide the pretzel into place.
Then, slide the pretzel onto the cheese stick. Be careful as you can easily break the pretzel if you are too forceful.
Finally, slice a fruit roll up into small thin strips. You can use red, green, blue – any color you want to add. My kids wanted to use green for theirs.
That’s it! That is all it takes to whip up some fun witches broomsticks for your Halloween party!
Make sure you check out all of our incredible recipes and costume ideas for your Halloween get together. And – follow my Halloween Pinterest board for more ideas!
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks (3 broomsticks per cheese stick)
- Pretzel Sticks
- Fruit Rollups
- Slice the cheese stick into thirds.
- Then, slice the end to make the bristles Cut up only about ⅓ of the length of the cheese stick. Roll it around and continue to slice through it until you see your bristles emerge. Make sure you do not cut up TOO high onto the cheese stick, or it will split when you slide the pretzel stick into the end. This step might take a little trial and error on your part to get it to look right.
- Next, slide a pretzel into the uncut end of the cheese stick. Make certain you do not press it in too far or you risk splitting the stick.
- Finally, cut a small strip of your fruit roll up and wrap it around the stick. They will melt a bit and turn the cheese colored(after being exposed to warmer temps), but it does not affect the taste or look of the brooms at all.
- When you are done, you will have a nutritious snack which the kids will really enjoy.